Assistant Professor, Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences, THE NETHERLANDS
- Frans Folkvord is currently working as an assistant professor at Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences, Communication and Information Science, Tilburg University in the Netherlands.
- Furthermore, Dr. Folkvord is a senior policy researcher at Open Evidence, in Barcelona and Milan, respectively Spain and Italy.
- Next to a master degree in Psychology and Sociology, Dr. Folkvord has obtained a PhD in Social Science (cum laude) on children’s reactivity to embedded food cues in advergames.
- He has published over 40 articles in highly ranked journals, two books and several book chapters, in which he examined mainly the effects of (digital) food marketing on children’s eating behavior. As a result, he developed an empirical-driven theoretical framework that describes the underlying mechanism of unhealthy food marketing on the intake of energy-dense snacks that create overweight and obesity.
- Next, he was the editor of the most recent textbook on the psychology of food marketing, in which he describes the potential effectiveness of the promotion of healthier foods.
- Final, Dr. Folkvord is actively working as an expert on different projects for the European Commission focusing on food marketing and consumer behavior.