Paediatrician since 1986 (graduated: 1982), Aggregate Professor, Dept. of Paediatrics, Faculty of Pharmacy and Medicine, “Sapienza” Rome University
Author/co-author of >600 items (>200 of international relevance, ≈90 books’ chapters/Congress Proceedings). Up-to-dated IF: ≈200. Responsible for the Centre for Paediatric Nutrition and Dietetics in the same Dept. Teacher in several Graduation and Post-Graduation Courses of “Sapienza” Rome University. Organizer and teacher at the 7th-13th Upgrading Course in Paediatric Nutrition. President of ECOG (European Childhood Obesity Group), years 2010-2013, presently Past-President of ECOG and EAPE (European Association for Paediatric Education, also: Honorary Member), board member of SINUPE (Italian Society for Paediatric Nutrition), SIMA (Italian Society for Adolescent’s Medicine), SIO-Lazio (Obesity Italian Society, Regional Branch of Latium); ordinary member of several National Scientific Societies (SIPPS – Italian Society of Preventive Paediatrics, SINU – Italian Society for Human Nutrition, ADI – Italian Association of Dietetics, SIO).
Coordinator of the Transversal Group for Paediatric Age, in the Joint Committee for 2014 Italian RDA. Until 2014 “expert” in the CME Programme of the Italian Health Ministry. Component since 2015 of the CNSA (National Committee for Food Safety) of the same Ministry. Invited Opinion Leader in several Broadcasting Programmes of National TV/radio chains RAI.
Responsible and/or expert of various websites interacting with the audience in topics related to Paediatric Nutrition (www.cibo360.it ; alimentazionebambini.e-coop.it ; www.ok-salute.it). Main interest areas: Paediatric Obesity, Nutrition, Psychology; Paediatrics in general; Human Nutrition; Teaching; Adolescentology; Paediatric Haematology, Gastroenterology, Infectious Diseases, Immunology.
- Barbaro G, Piedimonte A, Podagrosi M, et al. Epicardial adipose tissue and signs of metabolic syndrome in children. Eat Weight Disord 2016;21(2):269-76
- Della Corte C, Liccardo D, Mosca A, Vania A, Nobili V. Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Pediatr Child Health 2013;23(12):529-34
- Della Corte C, Mosca A, Vania A, et al. Pediatric liver diseases: current challenges and future perspectives. Expert Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol 2016;10(2):255-65
- Nenna R, Mosca A, Mennini M, et al. Coeliac Disease Screening Among a Large Cohort of Overweight/Obese Children. JPGN 2015;60(3):405-7
- Zampetti S, Campagna G, Lucantoni F et al. Wrist circumference is associated with increased systolic blood pressure in children with overweight/obesity. Hypertens Res 2018;41:193-7