Scientific advisor, Head of Toxicological and radiological risk assessment Group, Institut national de santé publique du Québec
Since 2004, Expert toxicologist and institutionnal researcher at Quebec’s national institute of public health, where he’s the head of the scientific team on toxicological and radiological health risk assessment. He holds a PhD in toxicological risk and public health from the University of Montreal.
He also holds a position as a clinical adjunct professor at the department of environmental and occupational health from the University of Montreal. His research interests focus on improving the toxicologial health risk assessment methods by stochastic modelling approaches to chemical exposure and the use of human biomonitoring data on environmental contaminants.
- Valcke M, Bourgault MH, Rochette L, Normandin L, Samuel O, Belleville D, Blanchet C, Phaneuf D. (2017). Human health risk assessment on the consumption of fruits and vegetables containing residual pesticides: A cancer and non-cancer risk/benefit perspective. Environ Int. 108:63-74. doi: 10.1016/j.envint.2017.07.023.
- Bhat VS, Meek ME, Valcke M, English JC, Boobis AR, Brown RJ. (2017). Evolution of Chemical-Specific Adjustment Factors (CSAF) based on Recent International Experience; Increasing Utility and Facilitating Regulatory Acceptance. Critical Reviews in Toxicology. 47: 729-749. DOI: 10.1080/10408444.2017.1303818
- Valcke M, Levasseur ME, Soares da Silva A, Wesseling C. (2017). Pesticide exposures and chronic kidney disease of unknown etiology: an epidemiologic review. Environmental Health. DOI: 10.1186/s12940-017-0254-0.
- Valcke M, Haddad S. (2015). Assessing human variability in kinetics for exposures to multiple environmental chemicals: a PBPK-modeling case study with DBTEX. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 78:7, 409-431, DOI: 10.1080/15287394.2014.971477
- Tohon HG, Fayomi B, Valcke M, Coppieters Y, Bouland C. (2014). BTEX air concentrations and self-reported common health problems in gasoline sellers from Cotonou, Benin. Int J Environ Health Res. DOI:10.1080/09603123.2014.915017
- Valcke M, Krishnan K. (2014). Characterization of the Human Kinetic Adjustment Factor (HKAF) for the Health Risk Assessment of Environmental Contaminants. J Appl Toxicol 34, 227-40.
- Bourgault MH, Gagné M, Valcke M. (2014). Lung cancer and mesothelioma risk assessment for a population environmentally exposed to asbestos. Int J Hyg Environ Health 217, 340-6.