- Professor of Pediatrics, Paracelsus Medical School (PMU), Salzburg, Austria
Daniel Weghuber, MD, is an alumni of Vienna Medical School. He is Professor of Pediatrics at Paracelsus Medical School (PMU) in Salzburg, Austria. Clinically, he works as a consultant at the Department of Pediatrics, heading the Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition and the Obesity Research Unit at PMU, focusing on metabolic comorbidities including glucose and fat metabolism (in particular disturbed insulin sensitivity and secretion) and phenotypes of preclinical atherosclerosis. Other areas of interest include orthopedic and psychological comorbidities, interdisciplinary diagnostics, mitochondrial genetics, lifestyle and pharmacological treatment as well interdisciplinary bariatric surgery of children and adolescents with obesity. In addition, is involved in severall training and educational activities of health care professionals on a national and international level in regard to obesity management. He is currently elected President of the European Childhood Obesity Group (2017-2021).
- Katharina Paulmichl, Mensud Hatunic, Kurt Hojlund, Aleksandra Jotic, Michael Krebs, Asimina Mitrakou, Francesca Porcellati, Andrea Tura, Peter Bergsten, Anders Forslund, Hannes Manell, Kurt Widhalm, Daniel Weghuber (corresponding), and Christian Anderwald. Amelioration and Validation of the Triglyceride–to–HDL–Cholesterol ratio as a Surrogate of Insulin Sensitivity in Non-diabetic Humans: The Single Point Insulin Sensitivity Estimator (SPISE). Clin Chem. 2016 Sep;62(9):1211-9. doi: 10.1373/clinchem.2016.257436. Epub 2016 Jul 28
- J, Staaf; V, Labmayr; K, Paulmichl; H, Ohlsson; J, Cen; I, Ciba, M, Dahlbom; K, Roomp; CH, Anderwald; D; R, Schneider; A, Forslund, K. Widhalm; H, Ahlström; P, Bergsten; D, Weghuber; J, Kullberg. Pancreatic fat is associated to metabolic syndrome and visceral adipose tissue but not to beta-cell function or BMI-SDS in obese children and adolescents Pancreas. 2017 Mar;46(3):358-365.
- Artur Mazur, Margherita Caroli, Igor Radziewicz–Winnicki, Paulina Nowicka, Daniel Weghuber, David Neubauer, Łukasz Dembinski, Francis P Crawle, Martin White,Adamos Hadjipanayis. European Academy of Paediatrics (EAP) and the European Childhood Obesity Group (ECOG). Reviewing and addressing the link between mass media and the increase in obesity among European children: The European Academy of Paediatrics (EAP) and The European Childhood Obesity Group (ECOG) consensus statement. Acta Paediatrica (2017);DOI:10.1111/apa.14136
- O’Malley G, Ring-Dimitriou S, Nowicka P, Vania A, Frelut ML, Farpour-Lambert N, Weghuber D, Thivel D. Physical activity and physical fitness in pediatric obesity: What are the first steps for clinicians? Expert conclusion from the 2016 ECOG workshop. Int J Exerc Sci. 2017 Jul 1;10(4):487-496. eCollection 2017.
- Elin Lundström, Robin Strand, Anders Forslund, Peter Bergsten, Daniel Weghuber, Håkan Ahlström, and Joel Kullberg. Automated segmentation of human cervical-supraclavicular adipose tissue in magnetic resonance images. Lundström, E; Strand, R; Forslund, A; Bergsten, P; Weghuber, D; Ahlström, H; Kullberg, J; Automated segmentation of human cervical-supraclavicular adipose tissue in magnetic resonance images. Sci Rep. 2017; 7(1):3064
- Ring-Dimitriou, S., Freudenthaler, T., Aistleitner, V., Horvath, G., Stallinger, J., Dimitirou, M., Ardelt-Gattinger, E., & Weghuber, D. SALTO – study protocol and rationale of a community-oriented obesity prevention programme in the kindergarten. Obes Facts 2017;10:DOI: 10.1159/000481139.