Professor of Pediatrics, Paracelsus Medical School (PMU), Salzburg, AUSTRIA
- Daniel Weghuber, MD, is an alumni of Vienna Medical School. He is Professor of Pediatrics at Paracelsus Medical School (PMU) in Salzburg, Austria.
- Clinically, he works as a consultant at the Department of Pediatrics, heading the Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition and the Obesity Research Unit at PMU, focusing on metabolic comorbidities including glucose and fat metabolism (in particular disturbed insulin sensitivity and secretion) and phenotypes of preclinical atherosclerosis.
- Other areas of interest include orthopedic and psychological comorbidities, interdisciplinary diagnostics, mitochondrial genetics, lifestyle and pharmacological treatment as well interdisciplinary bariatric surgery of children and adolescents with obesity.
- In addition, is involved in several training and educational activities of health care professionals on a national and international level in regard to obesity management.
- He is currently elected President of the European Childhood Obesity Group (2017-2021).